Solar panels are one of the most popular home improvement projects in the USA and around the world. Here are some of the pros and cons to help you decide if choosing residential solar for your Morris County, NJ home is the right choice for you.
The Pros of Residential Solar
- Reduce or even eliminate your home energy bills: Installing a solar power system in your home allows you to generate free energy from the sun, which reduces or even cuts out the cost of using energy from the national grid. Power costs in Morris County, NJ and around the USA is on the rise, so you can take steps to eliminate this financial pressure. These systems can last 30 years, and the longer you have them, the greater your return on your original investment, so the benefits are considerable over the long-term.
- Your home’s value increases: Solar panels are a big draw for buyers, especially for people who want the benefits of being off the grid but are unsure about undergoing the installation process themselves. This makes your home more attractive to the market, increasing its value and attracting plenty of buyers.
- You can pay back your investment as you save: Solar panels are fairly expensive, but you can pay back this investment with the savings you gain from your access to free power. In addition, you can sell additional power generated by your system back to the national grid through solar renewable energy credits (SRECs) and net metering, earning you additional income to offset the cost or to use as you wish.
- Help reduce dependence on fossil fuels: Changing your home to solar energy means accessing a free, renewable and eco-friendly energy supply. It’s a meaningful and cost-effective way to live a more sustainable lifestyle and help the USA move away from our dependency on limited fossil fuels.
The Cons of Residential Solar
- The initial investment can be significant depending on how you finance:. While purchasing your panels outright can require some investment, it also yields the quickest payback through energy savings. But the amazing thing about solar installation through our partner SunPower, is that you can get solar installed for zero dollars up front. For most homes that means you can make the loan payments out of the energy savings you achieve. Then in 5-7 years, the rest is money in your pocket, instead of the utility company.
- It’s not ideal if you are planning to move soon: On average, it takes 5-7 years before you’ll start seeing profit from your solar system, so it’s not always the best investment if you are planning to move in the near future. However, it does increase the value of your home, so it’s often possible to balance out this investment against a higher sale value.
- It takes research to find a good solar company: As with any professional home improvement project, it’s essential to find someone who has the training, experience and certifications to deliver a quality system. This will take some research and means getting to know the different terms and tech, but it’s worth it when you see the results.
Partner with a Certified Solar Company and Reduce Your Power Cost in Morris County, NJ
Green House Solar is one of the leading solar companies specializing in residential solar in Morris County, NJ. We are Sonnen Certified, and our experienced teams are ready to answer all your questions about home solar systems and solar battery backup systems. Best of all, we partner with SunPower, who offer a lifetime guarantee on all solar installations of their panels, regardless of who installed them or when they were installed.
Frank and his team at Greenhouse Solar are here to help design, install and maintain your solar system, completely customized to your needs and budget. To find out more about residential solar in Morris County NJ, our company or services, please contact us today or visit our website at https://greenhouse.solar/