When it comes to “off-grid” power there are two popular choices: solar panels and generators. If you’re looking for a way to supply energy to your small business, you may be wondering which power source is best for your situation. In this article, we examine the benefits of both, and help you decide which might work best for you. Let’s take a look.
Benefits of solar panels
- Clean energy. We’re all striving to be more environmentally friendly in our daily lives. Because solar panels take sunlight and turn it into power for your home, they are a completely clean and renewable source of energy.
- Lower monthly energy bills. In addition to being eco-friendly they’re also cost-effective, with many people seeing monthly savings soon after installing their solar panels. As a small business owner you’re undoubtedly looking for cost saving opportunities, and solar panels are a great way to start.
- Free to use. With solar panels, there’s no need to buy fuel in order to keep them running and sunlight is free. The only things you’ll need to buy are the solar panels themselves, and then you’re ready to start harnessing the power of the sun.
Benefits of generators
- They’re able to continuously supply your business with a limitless supply of electricity. Unlike solar panels, generators don’t need to store up energy. You simply plug it in and use the power.
- A generator’s performance won’t be affected when there’s no sun. Although it’s not true that solar panels need bright, shining sun at all times to function properly, they do require sun to recharge. Generators, on the other hand, function at full capacity regardless of access to sunlight, so you can stick them in a dark room and they’ll work just fine.
A NJ solar company you can trust
As mentioned above, it’s commonly believed that solar panels are only useful in extremely sunny climates, like Florida or Arizona. However, the truth is solar panels can absorb and store sunlight even on overcast days, and they can still supply your home with power when it’s raining, snowing, or dark outside. If you’re ready to make the switch to solar panels for your home or your small business, your local solar company can recommend what will work best for your unique situation.
For more information about using solar panels to power your small business, or if you have any other questions about solar panels, please contact our team at Green House Solar today. Discover why so many people in Morris County, New Jersey partner with us for their home solar solutions.