We’re all looking for ways to reduce our energy consumption and be more environmentally friendly. Home solar panels are an excellent solution for those who want to use completely renewable energy to power their homes. They also enable you to cut down on your monthly power costs. We recommend learning as much as possible about solar panels before making the decision, and to help, here are 10 key things you should know:
- Not all roofs are suitable for solar panels and you need a professional to inspect your roof to determine its suitability. If your roof isn’t suitable you can still use solar panels, they’ll just be placed somewhere else on your property to ensure maximum impact.
- Solar panels are one of the most low-maintenance options on the market. They rarely need servicing, and only need to be cleaned every so often.
- Many people think installing solar panels is not in their budget. However, solar panels have actually become much more affordable over the years, making them a realistic option for many homeowners.
- Solar panel installation is quick and should not take any longer than a week. There’s no long construction process to interrupt your daily living. You’ll be up and running in a few short days!
- Solar panels are fully recyclable so none of their components will go to waste. Solar panels have a very long life, and a well-made solar panel will last on average around 30 years, but when it’s time to replace them you can recycle them.
- When you have solar panels you contribute to cleaner air for both your family and your community.
- Contrary to popular belief, solar panels do not require direct sunlight to generate power. They can still generate electricity on overcast days and during the colder winter months.
- Solar panels can be used to heat your pool. Heating your swimming pool can cause a huge increase in monthly energy costs, and solar panels provide a clean, budget-friendly alternative to traditional heating methods.
- Solar panels can increase the value of your home.
- When your solar panels generate more electricity than your home needs, you can sell this excess energy back to the power company.
Enjoy the many benefits of home solar panels
As you can see, installing solar panels has many well-known and hidden advantages. If you’ve been thinking about solar installation for your home, we recommend contacting your local solar company and learning more about your options.
For more information about installing solar panels in your NJ home, contact our team at Green House Solar today. We’ve been providing clean, renewable energy to the Morris County area for more than 10 years, and we’re proud to be the trusted solar company for so many people in our community.