Home solar systems continue to increase in popularity, and it’s easy to understand why. Solar panels are extremely durable, they last on average for around 25 years, they provide your whole house with free, clean energy, and they allow you to divest from your city’s electric grid. In fact, home solar panels can even generate and store electricity when it’s cloudy, despite the popular belief that they require full sun to produce energy.
Each home solar system is unique, which means the cost of installing and maintaining your solar panels will be determined by specific factors about your property and your home. Here are some of the factors that will determine your home solar costs:
- The make and model of the solar panels you choose. As the expression goes, “you get what you pay for,” and we recommend investing in top-of-the-line solar panels. At Green House Solar, we only stock and install market-leading solar panels, and we’re happy to make recommendations for your property.
- The size of your solar system, which is determined by the size of your house. Larger homes with bigger families most likely use more electricity than a smaller residence, but as long as your property can accommodate the solar panels, you can choose however many you want.
- The direction your roof faces. You ideally want your solar panels to get as much direct sun as possible throughout the day. If your roof is slanted it can affect how much sunlight your solar panels can absorb. However, a trusted solar company can inspect your property and give you a solid idea of what to expect.
- Your local weather. As mentioned above, solar panels can generate and supply energy to your home on overcast days, but sunny climates are preferable for home solar systems. Here in Morris County NJ, we are lucky to experience bright, sunny summer days – perfect for solar panels.
- Additional components for your home solar system, like solar battery storage. There are various components available to accompany your solar panels, and while they are optional, they can be beneficial to your home solar system if they are within your budget.
Solar panel maintenance costs in NJ
Solar panels are incredibly easy and cost-effective to maintain, and on average they last for 25 years. The panels will require an occasional cleaning to remove dust and debris that prevents them from working at maximum capacity, but aside from that, any repairs should be covered by your warranty.
For more information about home solar systems or solar panel maintenance, please contact our team at Green House Solar today. Discover why so many people in the area choose us as their trusted home solar company.