Are you in the market for residential solar solutions in Morris County NJ? Many people want to reduce their electricity costs and use clean and completely renewable energy to power their homes. If you’ve been considering having solar panels installed in your home, here are 10 things that may influence your decision:
- It’s well known that solar energy is cleaner and better for the environment. But just how much better is it? The U.S. Energy Information Administration found that the reduction in emissions from an average-sized American home powered by solar panels is equivalent to planting 155 trees.
- Similarly, many people want to do their part to reduce their carbon footprint and make cleaner choices. So how much can solar panels help reduce your emissions? The U.S. Department of Energy found that a solar-powered home can reduce CO2 emissions by 100 tons within 30 years.
- Solar panels have become much more affordable over the years, making them a realistic option for millions of Americans.
- Residential solar panels can be installed quickly, usually in a matter of days.
- If your roof isn’t suitable for solar panel installation, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the clean, renewable energy that solar panels provide. Solar panels can be installed in various places on your property and our experts are happy to come take a look at your home and give you an assessment.
- Solar panels contribute to better air quality for you and your community. According to the United Nations, energy generated by solar power instead of by fossil fuels reduces harmful greenhouse gas emissions, including those that decrease air quality like methane and carbon dioxide.
- Once they are installed, solar panels require almost no maintenance at all aside from occasional cleaning. Leaves, dirt, and other debris that collects on the glass can prevent the panels from operating at maximum efficiency, so it’s important to keep them clean.
- Solar panels have a very long life. A well-made solar panel will last on average around 30 years.
- Contrary to popular belief, solar panels do not need direct sunlight to work. While being in direct sun will maximize their efficiency, cloudy winter days still generate electricity that is used to power your home.
- Solar panels can be used to heat your pool. Homeowners know that heating the swimming pool can cause a huge increase in monthly energy costs, and solar panels provide a wonderful alternative to traditional heating methods.
Call the Morris County residential solar experts
At Green House Solar, we are proud to be one of the premier solar companies in Morris County NJ. We’ve been providing our community with clean and completely renewable energy for more than 10 years, and we’re passionate about helping people find solar solutions for their homes. Give us a call today and discover why so many people trust us with their residential solar systems.